Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Is this a peculiar Pragati thing??... Or does everyone dances to the tune of these super foolish behaviors?

Okay, I didn’t want them to become my habit, but what’s so sinful if I indulge in these slightly neurotic or obsessive or just plain foolish behaviors every now and then… at the end of the day that’s quintessential me yet they end up making me feel guilty most of the times. Guilty?? Guilty about what?? Well, that’s something even I’m yet to figure but I am guilty nonetheless. Here is how I question my most neurotic behaviors and try giving a justification for the same

 Why do I refuse to wear the expensive shoes I bought almost two years ago anywhere beyond the carpet in my own room?? Why lord why??….Well maybe because, they’ll be so ruined if they touch actual ground?

 Why do I go through lifestyle or city without reading the newspaper???..... News is not for everyone after all.


 Why do I refuse to throw away clothes I haven’t worn in over three years from my ‘thin cupboard’ …. Because I’m sure I will be that size again or the fashions going to return soon- hello, I have already started brisk walking and yoga


 Why do I always find similarities between my life and that of Meredith Grey, Ted Mosby and all the other lovable, emotional ‘fools’? The only difference between them and me is that I don’t always have the perfect soundtrack handy

 Why am I always swinging around on my mood swings? Despite the umpteen attempts at getting them under control, somehow it’s been IMPOSSIBLE…. As if I give a tiny rat’s ass to it, people if u can’t handle my mood swings that’s your problem not mine.. And waise bhi variety is the spice of life


 Why do I always cry every time I watch Jack slip away into the unforgiving sea,… Perhaps he always takes with him the hope that he (aka true love) would never return :’(

 Why do I always cry every time I see Raj pull Simran into the train or for that matter the climax of every Bollywood movie (the happy ending and the ‘they lived happily ever after’ tag attached to it)…. Perhaps he always reassures me that true love does exist. And how badly do I want this assurance to be REAL


 Why am I always sooo confused with every little thing in life? For example: Haven’t known exactly why I want to cry but wanting sympathy nonetheless. And God help those who try blaming a sudden outburst on ‘that time of the month’

 Why do I always make myself believe that if I can’t see things, it doesn’t exist—the mess in my room stands testimony for it. Just don’t let anyone open the cupboard etc etc


 Why do I always plan every detail of my wedding (esp after returning home from someone’s wedding) as if I were getting married in a month, even when there isn’t a boyfriend (let alone a fiancé) on the horizon

 Why do I end up fighting with my friends in the morning just because they said the wrong thing in my dream

 Why do I shout out to the guy on TV who doesn’t know how big a mistake he is making by breaking up with the girl who is best for him--- Hello, being judgmental is not always bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment